Thomas G. Conway
Since his call to the bar in 1989, Tom has maintained a broad and varied trial and appellate practice and has regularly appeared as counsel in all levels of court, administrative tribunals and commercial arbitrations.
Tom is also an experienced and trusted advisor to clients involved in the resolution of complex disputes through negotiation, mediation or other forms of dispute resolution.
Tom Conway, along with Colin Baxter and David Wilson, founded Conway with the vision of getting back to the basics of lawyering, and allowing the firm to do what they’re best at – tackling the thorniest and most complex mandates thrown their way. Prior to founding Conway, Tom was a litigation partner at a national firm, where he was the head of the Ottawa Litigation Group for several years.
In his spare time, Tom has coached Special Olympics Cross-Country Skiing. In 2017, he received his “20-year pin” for his years of service as a volunteer skier with the Canadian Association of Disabled Skiers.
- The Advocates Society
- County of Carleton Law Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Alberta (Honourary)
- Law Society of Saskatchewan (Honourary)
- Law Society of Manitoba (Honourary)
- Law Society of Ontario
- Ontario Bar Association
- Osgoode Society for Canadian Legal History
Professional Achievement and Community Involvement
- 2013 | Recognized by Canadian Lawyer Magazine as one of Canada’s 25 most influential lawyers
- 2009-Present | Peer ranked as one of The Best Lawyers in Canada in the area of corporate and commercial litigation
- 2007-Present | Listed by Lexpert as a Leading Practitioner in corporate and commercial litigation, and products liability litigation
- 2007 | Recognized by the National Post as one of Canada’s top corporate and commercial litigation lawyers
- 2019-Present | Chair, Board of Directors, College of Patent Agents and Trademark Agents of Canada
- 2016-Present | Director, Bruyère Research Institute
- 2014-2015 | President, Federation of Law Societies of Canada
- 2012-2014 | Treasurer, Law Society of Upper Canada (now the Law Society of Ontario)
- 2007-Present | Adjudicator, Law Society Tribunal of Ontario
- 2007-2011 | Council Member, Ontario Bar Association
- 2006-2007 |President, County of Carleton Law Association
- 2004-2009 | Adjunct Professor of Law, University of Ottawa